Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 3,000 employees in 14 countries spanning across 6 African regions, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
We are looking for talented people with a passion for Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey!
The role holder is responsible for implementing the Jumia’s Corporate Affairs and Communication strategy in the following areas:
- Regulatory Compliance
- Government Relations
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Highlight high level issues relating to Corporate Affairs are addressed in the right sequence and timely.
- Develop strategy for public private partnerships and ensure compliance with regulatory bodies. Driving CSR engagements with members of the public and assessing potential implication to group’s brand.
- Assists in localizing regional Corporate Affairs priorities in line with developing local strategies as required.
- Coordinate complex interactions with legislative staff, other local and state officials, federal agency staff and other government officials/staff.
- Establish and implement short and long-term goals, objectives, policies and operating procedures for the government relations support function;
- Monitor and evaluates policy programs impacting the Jumia Operations in the industry of operation.
- Work with key stakeholders on consultative efforts to drive reforms that impact the operating environment.
- Develops and maintains up to date stakeholder maps used to implement pre-determined Corporate Affairs & Communication strategies.
- Represents Jumia Group in public engagements ensuring the group’s views and positions are well represented.
- Translating strategic business objectives into consumer centric engagement tactics
- Communication: working directly, frequently, with numerous teams to execute these tactics successfully against business goals
- Strong management and interpersonal skills
- Collaborative and problem-solving ability to work with cross functional team.
- Self-motivated individual with a strong entrepreneurial spirit.
- Cultural sensitivity and awareness
- High degree of tact and confidentiality
- Strong reporting, analytical and negotiating skills
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from any accredited university in the field of Media & Communication, Political Science, Law or Business Administration.
- MBA or relevant postgraduate qualification will be added advantage
- Minimum 5 years managerial experience in Public Affairs or Corporate Affairs & Communications, preferably in any regulated industry.
- Excellent knowledge of current affairs
- Advanced Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Power Point, Excel) is required.
- High level of adaptability to diverse and fast changing environments.
- Experience of working in an environment of cultural diversity
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment.
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world.
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.