Louis Valentino Prixair [LVP] is a proud indigenous Nigerian conglomerate which operates a wide range of businesses, including Real Estate Development & Investment, Property Management, Hotel Operations, Cleaning and Laundry services, Catering services and Media. A leader in each of our sectors of business, we offer integrated and advanced solutions for customers across multiple industries.
We are recruiting suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Internal Auditor
Job Type: Permanent
- Develop and implement annual audit plan and ensure strict financial compliance;
- Review internal audit and regulatory compliance reports and monitor the implementation of the recommendations;
- Approve and coordinate investigation into suspected fraudulent practices and determine/recommend the appropriate line of action in response to findings;
- Continuously review/assess the business and operational risks facing the organization in order to proactively establish appropriate mitigating controls and monitoring mechanism/frameworks;
- Supervise the design and building of control frameworks in business processes and systems.
- Interpret and analyze reports/data/information to identify possible risk exposure;
- Ensure compliance with good corporate governance practice;
- Planning and performing operational and financial audits and Identifying business process risks;
- Developing testing methodologies to evaluate the adequacy of controls;
- Documenting the results of the evaluations and Recommend corrective action and suggest improvement;
- Developing recommendations and reports based on audits and presenting these ideas to senior management;
- Planning and allocating resources and individuals in accordance with skills and schedules;
- Accountable for the development and coordination of the bank’s internal auditing activities;
- Develop and implement internal auditing policies, procedures, and programs and Review of accounting procedures;
- Survey functions and activities in assigned areas to determine the nature of operations, and adequacy of the system of control to achieve established objective;
- Supervise or conduct independent audits of bank records and activities, and prepare varied analyses of the departments and branches for management;
- Supervise, conduct, and report on the testing and adequacy of the bank’s internal controls over financial reporting. Investigate and determine causes of irregularities, and errors;
- Advise top management and the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors on audit, and internal control matters.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related discipline;
- Relevant professional qualifications in Finance i.e. ICAN, ACCA, CISA would be an added advantage;
- Minimum of 5 years’ progressive experience in Audit Department;
- Working knowledge of IFRS;
- Strong interpersonal, management and leadership skills;
- Wide exposure in the Audit field;
- Able to interact at high executive level;
- Demonstrated report and proposal writing experience;
- Critical thinker with good analytical skills and strategic perspective.
Competitive based on experience
Application Closing Date
13th December, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the Job Title as subject of the application. Note
- All attachments should strictly be in PDF Format.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.